6.02.2007

One of the great advantages to the job I took was it's close proximity to my house. I was feeling that every day of this first week. Waking up at the time I would typically be leaving to drive downtown made me feel like a champ. Plus, I had one of those nights where I needed to stop for gas but didn't want to so I told myself I would leave early so I could fill up before work. As usual I didn't remember BUT this time it didn't matter because THIS TIME I knew that I could coast the 2 1/2 miles on the fumes I had left in the tank. Yes!

The highlight of today was finding a home for this little guy:

We've called him Thomas Macaroni for the week we've had him. Thomas because that's what Jonathan likes. Macaroni because that's what I wanted to call him. Housing him and finding him a good home is part of my (and my neighbor's) effort to eliminate the stray cat epidemic that seems to be plaguing our neighborhood. I believe Jonathan was thinking he (Thomas Mac) would ultimately become ours and thus began having mild anxiety attacks when I told him I would be taking the kitten to his new home today. I believe he's gotten past it though.

I've just started reading this:


So far it's different from what I thought. I'm very wary about what the coming chapters hold.

I've also been studying for my state nursing boards. The past tense in that sentence referring only to today:) My test is scheduled for June 20th and my first day of true clinical work at the hospital will be on the 21st. This week's orientation, though boring, really got me pumped up about working. I can't tell you how happy it made me to have the sign sitting in front of me saying: Jessica DXXX, RN. Yes, ma'am. That me:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are the coolest!! congrats again on the job! the short drive is the bestest!!

ZoeyBella said...

The more cats, the better :)

Anonymous said...

Hope your test went fabulous! :)